Watch Professor Regan’s…Health Spa tonight (Thursday 7th May) at 8pm on BBC Two.
Since Gillette’s first safety razor in 1901, the development in shaving technology has been astounding. But have you ever wondered just how the original single blade safety razor has developed into a must-have bathroom gadget with a 5 blade shaving surface? Well tonight you can find out.
For the first time ever, Gillette have thrown open the doors and invited BBC Two’s Professor Lesley Regan into its Global Research and Development Laboratory in Reading – birthplace of the award winning Fusion razor – to find out just how much science goes into the development of the humble razor and discover why more than 600 million men around the world use Gillette every day.
Don’t forget to watch!
Five things you might not know about Gillette Fusion:
1. Fusion’s blade edges are thinner than a surgeon`s scalpel.
2. Blade manufacturing uses more welds than many car manufacturers.
3. Fusion is protected by over 70 patents.
4. Fusion was tested by over 10,000 men before it was launched.
5. Every blade has multiple coatings to provide strength and comfort.